Summer Camp in Armenia - APPLY NOW!
Date 23th-29th of August 2017
Place Yerevan, Armenia
We, as MIJARC Europe, have decided to act in 2017 towards helping rural young people develop a counternarrative discourse by promoting tolerance, solidarity and non- discrimination through inter-cultural dialogue. By the means of this Summer Camp, we wish to offer the opportunity of a youth exchange in a multicultural environment where rural youth and young refugees/immigrants can share the realities of each country in order to combat stereotypes and prejudice on both sides.
Under the main topics of tolerance and solidarity, the current Summer Camp aims at:
· Encourage inter-cultural dialogue, networking and mobility of young people;
· Help rural young people develop critical thinking in a multicultural environment;
· Increase the involvement of young people in the social life in local communities and develop projects, based on an intercultural approach;
· Debate the possible causes of the rise of extremism in youth, its potential consequences and find a common position on the topic;
· Empower young people to take active role in security matters, underlying the importance of including young people in preventing and deterring potential local threats;
· Reduce the trauma of the youth migrants/refugees and avoid isolation in the host communities, by fostering an environment where young migrants and refugees can participate and exchange opinions alongside with rural youth;
· Raise awareness on and understanding for the difficulty of displaced populations in the host community by creating and performing a small theatre play.
profile of the participants
We are expecting 4 participants per partner organisation and 1 group leader.
· girls and boys aged 16 to 25 years old, coming from rural areas;
· 1 group leader aged between 18-30 years old, coming from rural areas;
· active leaders in your movement from local, regional and/or national levels,
· able to communicate in English and available for the full length of the event;
· interest in the topics of inclusion, human rights, raise or extremism in Europe;
· with a strong desire to raise awareness on concepts and values of solidarity, tolerance and inclusion at the local and European level.
Flight and participation fee will be covered by MIJARC Europe and Rural Youth Austria, the participants have to pay the travel to and from the airport within the country
For further information please see the CALL!
Send your application form until the 14th of Juni to oelj(at)landjugend.at – Rural Youth Austria will nominate 5 people and forward their application to MIJARC!